Monday, August 03, 2009

July Newsletter

Almost Finished But Just Beginning

This is my last newsletter from Rwanda as a teacher at African Jungle Christian School House. School officially ended on June 26th, but unofficially I’m still sorting books and trying to get things organized for the new teachers. Molly Black arrived on the July 12th, so we have an overlap of four days during which time I will try to tell her everything she needs to know in order to prepare for the upcoming school year. Liz Wine, the other teacher, will be arriving mid-August and school will begin the first week of September. They’ll have a lot to do in order to be ready for the 15 students that will be attending the school next year.

On July 16th I will be returning to the states, but not for long. I’ve applied and been accepted to return to Rwanda to help teach English to the Rwandan Friends schools teachers. I’ll be joined by four to six other English teachers, all from Northwest Yearly Meeting. This means that there will be up to eight new Rwanda field members this fall. The board recognizes that this could put a tremendous strain on missionaries already on the field, so part of my job description will be to lift as much of that burden off of the shoulders of Dave, Debby and Brad as possible. They would like me to be back in Rwanda by mid-November so that I can take care of as many details as possible before teaching English starts in January. However, before I return I must raise support for the next two years.

My (hopefully) four months in the states will be full with visiting friends, family, and churches; doing training, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home